Waterborne Technology Platform
Recently launched Waterborne is a new European research and innovation platform for waterborne industries. SSPA is a proud supporter.
— Waterborne is an important step forward to strengthen the maritime industry, says Christian Finnsgård, head of SSPA Research.
Waterborne has been set up as an industry-oriented Technology Platform to establish a continuous dialogue between all waterborne stakeholders, such as classification societies, shipbuilders, shipowners, maritime equipment manufacturers, infrastructure and service providers, universities or research institutes, and with the EU Institutions, including Member States.
Strategic objectives are:
* Establish a continuous dialogue between all stakeholders in the waterborne transport sector and in other waterborne-related sectors on research and development
* Contribute to the widest possible consensus regarding research and development and to focusing of efforts and resources
* Develop a common medium- and long-term Research and Development Vision and a Strategic Research Agenda
* Contribute to the appropriate mobilization and allocation of the necessary financial resources (private/regional/national/EU sources);
* Contribute to the social expectations regarding clean, competitive and safe waterborne transport as well as regarding other waterborne-related activities, including education and training.
— SSPA will contribute in transforming the maritime industry towards more zero-emission solutions for our customers and partners. We strive forwards with developing our expertise and contribute to a more sustainable maritime future, says Christian Finnsgård.